Service Provider Safety
Health and Safety is extremely important to us at GOwiz. We want to make sure that our service providers feel comfortable, happy and ready to work wherever possible. If you experience any issues, you can let us know at any time through the Contact Us page.
Here, we have put together some tips as a guide to safety so that you can feel as safe as possible at every stage of the GOwiz process:
Never disclose any personal information through your public profile or when communicating with customers via the direct message platform. This can include things like; bank information, your home address, forms of personal ID, social media accounts or your phone number. The messaging system in the app is completely private and we will never share your phone number or personal information with customers or any other users. You can, however, share your trade license ID with a customer via the messaging system to encourage them to have confidence and trust in you as a provider.
Make sure to read the information about a job post before choosing to accept. This way you can make sure you feel comfortable with the tasks you will be performing. If you feel uncomfortable with a task description or something doesn’t seem quite right, do not accept the request and when necessary report it to us via the Contact Us page.
If you feel unsafe during a task and you feel safe to do so, notify your customer of your concerns. If necessary, let them know that you feel unsafe to continue.
If you ever feel that your safety is under immediate threat or danger, call the emergency services immediately.
If your customer is not present to check your completed work, you can take photos to send via the private messaging system. This way you can make sure that a customer is happy with the job you’ve done before releasing your payment into your GOwiz wallet.
At GOwiz, we take customer health and safety very seriously. If you experience any issues, you can let us know at any time through the Contact Us page on your dashboard.
In the meantime, here are some tips to follow so that you can feel as safe as possible at every stage of the GOwiz process:
Remember that the tasks you post on GOwiz are publicly visible. So don’t disclose any personal information such as; bank details, ID, social media, home address, email or phone number.
When posting a task, make sure to be as specific as possible about what you want the service provider to do. This will ensure that there is no confusion or miscommunication between both parties, and the task can be performed to the best standard possible.
When requesting a service provider for a task, don’t be afraid to look at their profiles and ratings before selecting them. Here, you will be able to see any relevant documentation for the task, such as; a police check, trade license, driving license etc. This also means you can make sure a provider is qualified or experienced for the job you wish them to carry out.
Don’t be afraid to ask to see a copy of your service provider’s Trade License ID if necessary.
If you are not available to check a completed task, you can request for the service provider to send you photos. This way you can ensure that you are happy with their work before releasing the payment from your card or wallet.
If you ever feel that your safety is under immediate threat or danger, call the emergency services immediately.
Service Provider Tips
How to dress as a service provider
There is no official dress code you need to abide by to be a service provider. However it is important that your customers see you as a reliable and professional worker. This can be helped by wearing appropriate clothing for the tasks you will perform, for example: smart clothing for tutors, or high vis clothing for builders and tradesmen.
Making your profile look good
To ensure that a customer gets the best impression of your profile and your work, you should fill out as many details as possible on your profile page, such as; a profile photo and any relevant documentation (police check, driving license, etc).
You can also add photos of your work and any tasks you have completed into your work gallery. Here, you can showcase your abilities and show customers what a great job you can do!
Setting a price for a task
When customers wish to request you for a job, they will see your price rates before they make their selection. For this reason, you should make sure that your price rates are reasonable and will make you look attractive as a potential provider. You can set competitive rates by assessing your skills and abilities to perform a task and set your rate accordingly.
If you have selected to perform services whereby you are not providing your own tools, your price rate for this task should be lower accordingly. Customers will provide their own tools for these tasks and should expect the price to be lowered as a result.
How you can ensure good ratings as a service provider
Always ensure that the services you have selected on your Services List aligned with your skills and capabilities. This way, not only will you feel comfortable with every job you sign on for, but it also means that the customer will be happy with the work you have done.
Make sure to communicate effectively with your customer. If you are not sure on the details of the task, just ask! You can do this even before you arrive at a job via the GOwiz private messaging system.
How to find the right provider for your task
To ensure that you find the right person for your job, first make sure to select all of the relevant prompts. For example, if you are looking for a provider to paint your living room, select Building and Trades from the Services List, then choose Painters. Next, you will be able to add any additional information about the job.
Make sure that any additional information is clear and precise so that the service provider knows exactly what they need to perform the job to the best standard. This can include details of measurements, materials needed, model numbers etc. For example "I need four large walls approx. 10ft by 20ft painted yellow. I have enough paint, just bring your own paint brushes and any other necessary equipment".
How you can ensure good ratings as a customer
Your customer rating will be visible to other users on your Profile Page. To ensure you receive great ratings every time, just make sure that your service provider feels happy and comfortable with the task you are asking them to perform.
Make sure that when a task is completed, you release the payment to your service provider so that they can get paid for their work.
How do I send a private message?
Once a task has been accepted by a service provider, both user and provider can communicate via the GOwiz messaging system. This is useful for any last minute information or anything that wasn’t clear in the task description.
When can I send a private message?
Users can send messages through the private messaging system any time from when the job request is accepted, until the job has been completed and signed off via the GOwiz App or Website.
Rules for Service Providers
- If your services involve driving with a customer, make sure your vehicle is clean and tidy to a good standard. Your car must be fully licensed and registered and be fitted with all of the the relevant safety equipment such as seatbelts. Always drive with safety and caution and within the legal speed limit and driving laws. GOwiz can not be held responsible for any damage caused to vehicles or related fines.
- Always communicate with your customers respectfully. If you feel that a customer is acting unkindly, you can let us know through our Contact Us page and we will handle any disputes.
- Dress appropriately for any job you undertake through the GOwiz App. Your GOwiz tasks should be considered as any other job, whereby a professional dress code should apply. This might include; wearing protective clothing and high vis for building and construction work, smart clothes for tutoring, exercise gear for health and fitness work, etc.
- When undertaking jobs through GOwiz, you are representing the company and should act appropriately and professionally at all times with customers and otherwise.
- Always keep a copy of documentation that identifies you when doing a task through GOwiz, such as; a passport or a driving license, as well as any other relevant documentation for a job. This might include; a police check for working with children, driving documentation for jobs involving driving, a building license for building work, white card for construction work, etc. Customers can ask for proof of relevant documentation at any point during the transaction, and it is your job to be prepared and make sure you are able to provide this evidence.
Standards of service
GOwiz encourages users from every background and walk of life. That’s why we believe that everyone should be treated with equal trust and respect. Here are some community guidelines that should be followed by both customers and service providers so that everyone has the best possible experience:
We want everyone’s experience to be positive when using the GOwiz services, this is why we have put together a list of actions that will not be tolerated. The following list of behaviours, we consider to be unacceptable on GOwiz:
Violence or harassment
We want to build an honest and trustworthy community on GOwiz. We are committed to making sure that fraudulent and unsupported activities are avoided as much as possible when using these services. Some of the behaviours include:
Writing fraudulent reviews
Making false claims to improve your public profile
Keeping the information of other GOwiz users
Subcontracting is only possible for users registered under a Company Service Provider domain. This is possible as long as the service provider is your employee and is registered on your company dashboard.
Accountability and reputation
Fulfilling tasks that you accept
Attending your tasks yourself and not subcontracting unless you are registered as a company provider on GOwiz
Completing tasks to an acceptable standard
You must have a valid TFN (Tax File Number) and ABN (Australian Business Number) - you must be 16 years or older to get an ABN number or have a parent’s consent to apply for one. Click here to apply for your free ABN number now, or click here to get your TFN.
Certain jobs on our Services List may require you to have specific documentation; e.g. a police check for working with children, a white card for construction work, driving license for driving jobs, etc.
Reporting unacceptable behaviour
Your safety is of top priority to us at GOwiz.
- To report unacceptable behaviour as a customer or a service provider, you can let us know via the Contact Us Page.
- If you ever feel that your health and safety is under immediate danger or threat, please do not hesitate to contact emergency services.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. Accordingly, we have developed the following Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information:
• We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- By signing up as a GOwiz member, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Terms and Conditions Page including but not limited to terms outlining liability and insurance.
- In no event shall GOwiz apps and/or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on GOwiz apps or website, even if GOwiz apps and/or a GOwiz apps authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdiction does not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, licensors and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable solicitor's fees, resulting from any violation of these T&C’s or any activity related to your service account (including infringement of third parties' intellectual property rights anywhere in the world or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the GOwiz.com.au Website and Apps using your service account.
- Users should make their own enquiries regarding insurance and ensure they maintain any further relevant insurances to cover any tasks and services they carry out through the GOwiz platform.
- GOwiz may present users with offers of insurance from third parties.
- Claims made against users that are not covered by GOwiz insurances (if any) are to be payable by the user or covered by their own insurances.
Still have a question? Contact Us